Home Page Previous Home Next

Belfast_West

Belfast West Power Station

The first domestic electricity generated in Belfast was in 1895. The growing demand for domestic electicity led to the building of more sophisticated power generation stations. The last generating station to be constructed by the City Corporation was Power Station West, a coal fired station completed in 1961. It closed in March 2002.